Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Mmmm Mmmm Mmmm Good

As busy as I am I am always on the hunt for some quick and easy recipes for dinner. During my search for something new and delicious I remembered visiting Kraft Recipes. I found a great "budget friendly" recipe that took 10 minutes to prepare. Not only was it quick and budget friendly it was really yummy! I call that the Dinner Trifecta! Give this easy weeknight dinner a try!


Quick Taco Salad

1lb. lean ground beef
1 onion chopped
1 packet (1-1/4 oz) Taco Seasoning Mix
1/4 cup water
10 cups tom Romain lettuce (about 1 large head) I used pre-packaged lettuce to faster prep time)
2 tomatoes, chopped
1 cup KRAFT Shredded Cheddar Cheese
2 cups tortilla chips, coarsely crushed (I did not have any tortilla chips so I used Doritos! YUMMY)1/4 cup KRAFT Ranch Dressing


BROWN mean with onions in large nonstick skillet on medium-high heat; drain.

ADD seasoning mix and water, mix well. Bring to a boil. Simmer on medium-low heat for 3 minutes.

DIVIDE lettuce among 4 plates. Top evenly with meat mixture, tomatoes, cheese and crushed chips. Drizzle with dressing.

Check out http://www.kraftrecipes.com/ for a ton of great meal ideas!


Enjoy!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Barefoot in Portland | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates