Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Many of you likely know about this.  I must have been living under a rock because this is the first time I have ever seen or heard of Chicago doing this...

Check out this picture and more here.

Chicago dyes the Chicago River GREEN for St. Patrick's Day!  How cool is that!!!

But after my initial reaction I needed to find out how they did it.  40 pounds of vegetable dye!  Now that is a lot of dye! 

Want to know the story behind dying the river green? Here is it for you. 

Have a great St. Patty's Day.  Enjoy something green today!


2 comments:

  1. I've been in Chicago on St. Patricks Day and have seen the green river !!! I love it !!
    Happy St. Patricks Day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never knew this - how cool is that?

    HAVE FUN YOU BLONDE BOMBSHELL!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Barefoot in Portland | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates