Friday, January 28, 2011

What's for dinner?

I cannot believe that it is Friday again...not that I am complaining in the least bit...but wasn't it JUST Monday.  Boy times flies when you are having fun...or just REALLY busy! 

I feel like I am continuously trying to be organized but never seem to get there.  I would love to be one of those gals who plan their family's meals out just once a month.  Wow...would that be clever or what!!  There would be so many advantages to doing that.  You could buy in bulk, you could have make left overs into a new meal and you could take away the stress of...the "what's for dinner" question every day!!!   I know I would love not to have to think about that all the time. 

I don't think I can dive right in to planning a month ahead of time so I am going to try to do a week at a time which really should not be that hard.  And I can imagine that most of you are saying....don't you do that already?  Well...I try...but it never seems to work out...something come up and we never stick to the meals I planned.    To keep me on track look what I bought....




Starting Sunday I am making a resolution to do it!  Once I get this weekly planning down, I am going to give the monthly menu a good "college try." This calendar opens up to see the full month but the bottom has this great planning section for each day of the week...

If you have any good ideas on how to stay on track...feel free to share.  And if you want to check out a great blog that posts weekly and monthly menu idea visit Hoosier Homemade.  Oh...and you will also find lots and lots of CUPCAKE ideas and other delicious recipes!

Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

  1. I've made a monthly plan twice in the last year. And I don't always follow it precisely. If I want to switch one day I do. Usually when I make one it's b/c I'm trying to use what I have and I go through my freezer and figure out how many days I can eat before having to go to the store again. I love your planner that you got! I usually just write it on paper, but I think it will be so much better to have something designed for the purpose! I agree with you, one week is more do-able. Good Luck! You'll do fine and you might just find that if makes your life so much easier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to get one of those! I need to do a better job at this as well. Trying counts, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I'm just stopping in to say hello from Boost My Blog Friday. I have never ever been able to make a menu plan and stick with it. I'm always impressed with those that do and wish that I could make it work in our family. I love the planner that you got so maybe I could find one of those too and maybe that would help me. I hope you have a wonderful weekend, Candace

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Barefoot in Portland | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates