Recently I was asked if I would like to try Kimberly-Clark’s Scott Naturals Tube-Free Bath Tissue. I jumped at the chance to try this new product that not only comes from a great company but just by using it, helps the environment. Scott Brand Naturals Tube-Free Bath Tissue has no inner cardboard tube that needs to be disposed of. My first thought was, how hard is it to throw a little cardboard tube in the recycling bin or more likely for most, the trash can. However, when I received a sample package of the Bath Tissue along with a Product Fact Sheet, I realized just how much this product can benefit the environment.
Here are some facts from the Scott Naturals Tube-Free Bath Tissue Product Fact Sheet:Today, U.S. households dispose of an estimated 17 billion bath tissue tubes annually, which is equal to:
• Over 160 million pounds of trash
• Enough material to fill more than 250 Boeing 747 airliners
• Enough material to fill the Empire State Building twice
• Equivalent to the weight of more than 350 Statues or Liberty
• Over 1 million miles long (lined end-to-end)
• Circling the earth’s equator over 45 times
• Traveling from the earth’s surface to the moon…more than twice
These totals are astonishing and it makes me stop and think what a huge difference we can make by switching to a tube-free bath tissue. This would alleviate and need to remember to recycle or just take the time to do it! I am so glad I had the opportunity to try this product. Not only is it earth friendly I love the feel of it. It is a perfect blend of softness and strength.
Now it is your turn to try!
Currently Scott Naturals Tube-Free is being tested at select Walmart and Sam’s Club locations in the Northeast U.S. Check your local store and stock up.
You can win it! A lucky winner will receive a 8-pack for yourself to try! Here’s how:
How to Enter
Leave a comment and let me know if you recycle regularly. (Mandatory)
1. Become a follower of my blog or let me know if you already are.
2. Become a Facebook Fan of Barefoot in Portland
3. Blog about this Giveaway and send me the link to check it out.